A laptop fire in the cabin of a Lufthansa airline led to an emergency landing at Chicago airport of an aircraft en route from Los Angeles to Frankfurt.
This was reported on December 27 by the local branch of the ABC channel.
“The landing was prudent: there was a small fire in the cabin caused by overheating of the passenger’s laptop, the airline said. By the time the plane landed safely, the fire was extinguished,” the article says.
It is noted that the situation did not affect the safety of the flight, but two flight attendants needed medical help due to smoke poisoning.
On December 20, a United Airlines plane made an emergency landing in Hong Kong due to a fire, which, according to preliminary data, occurred due to a bird hitting one of the liner’s engines.
Leave a Reply